Monday, October 1, 2018

Mel Feller Pays Tribute To His Grandfather by Mel Feller


Mel Feller Pays Tribute To His Grandfather by Mel Feller

My grandfather was by far one of the most amazing people I had the honor and pleasure of knowing. Even more so, I am proud to say that I am related to this man.

Growing up, my grandfather was the life of the party, someone everyone loved talking to and always wanted advice from. In the small town where he lived, everyone knew who he was and everyone always knew they could rely on him for any reason. Our family grew closer because of him and my grandmother (aka. the dynamic duo). There was always music when he was around, there was laughter, there was happiness and everyone acted as if they didn't have a care in the world when he was in the room.

He was always so kind to me, letting me run around like a maniac in the kitchen, he would let me scream and yell for as long as I was able, and he always gave me the best hugs. Granted, he knew how to give a stern talking to whenever he needed to, but he did so out of love, kindness and respect for me and my safety. He taught me about gratitude and never taking anything for granted. He told me to always shoot for the stars and live in a way that made me happy.

Around him, I never once questioned my worth, my talent, my beauty or my purpose. He always had something to say to brighten my spirits and always something to say when I wanted nothing more to give up. He pushed me like he pushed everyone else in our family and we are all in his debt because of that.

I love and miss my grandfather and it still hurts whenever I think about him, but I'm glad I knew him and I'm more proud to say I am a part of his family. In memory of Samuel Feller, thank you for everything you did for us and thank you for always being there when I needed you.

No comments:

Post a Comment