Wednesday, October 3, 2018

Mel Feller Explains Why Your Grandpa Should Be Your Best Friend by Mel Feller


Mel Feller Explains Why Your Grandpa Should Be Your Best Friend by Mel Feller

When thinking about the men in your life, it is easily possible to forget your grandpa. He is the man that sits back and watches you on your journey for success and brags about how awesome you are. Grandpas are the best because they only see the good in you. Grandpas do not hand out the punishments or even know that you are not an angle all the time, contrary to their belief. I hope everyone is lucky enough to have a grandpa like mine.

He wants to hear from me.
He gets excited to see me and turns the TV off just when I stop by to drop something off. He is so concerned with what I am doing because he wants to hear all about my successes. He answers my calls and listens thoroughly. It feels so good to know that there is a person who waits for my call.

He is old fashioned.
He says thank you, he holds doors, and he treats women with respect. Most grandpas are old fashioned and would not have it any other way. My grandpa treats my grandmother like a queen and I want nothing more than for a man to do the same for me some day.

He is independent.
He does not look for attention. He tries too hard to do things without asking people for help. On the other side, he is the first person to jump in and help others. When he was in the hospital after back surgery, my mom stayed with him to help him out. He would have never asked her to do that and he would not have complained if no one stayed with him. I adore him for his ability to be independent.

He is kind, funny, and skillful.
My grandpa is a very skillful repairperson. When he fixes something or re models he always explains what he is doing and how/why. He is always going to make time to talk to you and he is never going to talk to you without telling a joke; I would not want it any other way.

He contributed to who I am today.
He tells me stories about his life, which inspires me to be a better me and live a life full of happiness, just as he does. He has handed me a legacy of faith, integrity, and hard work. Through his marriage, he has shown me that true love is attainable. Through his example, he has given me a guide to life.

Grandpas can teach us a lot about life and really are some of our biggest supporters. I sincerely hope everyone is blessed with a grandpa as great as mine was.  Mel Feller misses and has never forgotten the lessons he learned from his grandpa Samuel Feller!

No comments:

Post a Comment